Dr. Tamara Mchedlidze
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Institute of Theoretical Informatics
Am Fasanengarten 5
76131 Karlsruhe Germany
- Graph Drawing
- Algorithmic Graph Theory
- Computational Geometry
- Information Visualisation
- Visual Perception and Cognition
- Digital Humanities
If you are interested in a Bachelor/Master thesis in my areas of interest please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Master's thesis topic on topological cartograms.
- July, 2018: Our paper with Moritz Klammler and Alexey Pak “Aesthetic Discrimination of Graph Layouts” was accepted to Graph Drawing 2108, Track B and was acknowledged with the best paper award in this track. In this paper we touch the basic question of Graph Drawing: “how to determine which of the two given layouts of the same graph is more aesthetically pleasing?” We succefully apply machine learning methods to answer this question.
- July, 2018: Our paper with Almut Demel, Dominik Dürrschnabel, Marcel Radermacher and Lasse Wulf “A Greedy Heuristic for Crossing Angle Maximization” was accepted to Graph Drawing 2018, Track B. In this paper we report the algorithm that won the Graph Drawing Challenge in 2017 on Crossing Angle Maximization and present its experimental evaluation.
- September, 2017: I will serve as a member of the program commettee of 26th European Symposium on Algorithms (ESA 2018), Engineering and Application Track (B).
- September, 2017: Almut Demel, Dominik Dürrschnabel, Lasse Wulf, the participants of the Practical Graph Visualisation course that took place in the summer semester 2017, participated in the Graph Drawing Challenge and took the first place. The topic of the challenge was Crossing Angle Maximization and the name of the team was CoffeeVM.
- August, 2017: The results of Jonathan Klawitter's Master Thesis about evaluating heuristics for Book Drawings were accepted for publication at Graph Drawing conference, Track B.