Dr. Bastian Katz
former scientific assistant
Since July 2010, I work as Optimization Analyst at Axxom.
I am interested in any problem regarding combinatorial optimization, especially in the fields of graph theory and/or geometry:
- algorithmic concepts in graph theory, e.g. matroids in graphs (graph rigidity, switch graphs, matchings)
- network design and partitioning problems
- graph drawing
- distributed algorithms and models for ad hoc and sensor networks (positioning, scheduling)
- algorithm engineering in computation of shortest paths and maximum flows
- Gateway Decompositions for Constrained Reachability Problems.
SEA'10, joint work wit M Krug, A Lochbihler, I Rutter, G Snelting, D Wagner. to appear 2010 in Springer LNCS.
- Parallel Computation of Best Connections in Public Transportation Networks. pdf (TR)
IPDPS'10, joint work with D Delling, T Pajor. to appear 2010.
- Manhattan-Geodesic Embedding of Planar Graphs. pdf
GD'09, joint work with M Krug, I Rutter, A Wolff. Springer LNCS vol. 5849, pg. 207-218, 2009.
- An Algorithmic Study of Switch Graphs. pdf
WG'09, joint work with I Rutter, G Woeginger. Springer LNCS vol. 5911, pg. 226-237, 2009
- Efficient Scheduling of Data Harvesting Trees. pdf
ALGOSENSORS'08, joint work with S Mecke, D Wagner. Springer LNCS vol. 5389, pg. 43-56, 2008.
- Positioning and Scheduling of Wireless Sensor Networks - Models, Complexity, and Scalable Algorithms. pdf.